Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Recent Room Renovations



Within the last two months I have been doing work on my bedroom. I decided that the holidays were a good time to do work.
I started by sandpapering down my cupboard doors, and that was in the middle of November. This was over a period of a couple of weeks, because I would sand the doors, put them in my study, and then forget about them for a few days, or I would just not feel like working on them. My sister then started to do her cupboard doors, and she made better speed than I did.
After that, I started to paint. I could have made the work go faster, but I only worked on one door at a time, and this made slower progress. I don’t want this to sound like I went at a snail’s pace, but everything I did took me the whole holidays. But I still went on.
Another thing that I did was that in the holidays I was working on three aeroplanes. No joking. And they were fighter jets. I had to go to the airbase twice a week. But the cool thing was, the airbase was my study, and they were model jets. (Oh, and I worked on them nearly every day, and going twice a week was part of the joke. Ha-ha.)
After my cupboard doors were finished, I emptied, vacuumed and painted the inside of my cupboard. I did this in about four or five days. But then the one day, I had just given a thin coat to the bottom of the inside, and I came and found this:

And the paint was wet, and it stayed. Maybe Jordan (That’s my little brother) just wanted to help, or to make the job interesting. (Sigh) If I can’t wash it off, it will have to stay there, or I will have to do more painting. Oh well, it’s not that bad, but I just don’t want to have to paint again.
Another new thing in my room was that I had two new additions to my air fleet that I want to build. Here is a picture of it:

The jet on the left is an F15E Strike Eagle, the small one in the middle is a Eurofighter Typhoon, and the one the right is an F111E bomber.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you. Please leave us a comment.